Monday, January 6, 2003

DOES HE STILL HAVE THE BEST UMBRELLA? Ladies and gentlemen, the Jimmy Fallon backlash has begun:
"I believe that there is a special place in hell for people like Jimmy Fallon," says a 24-year-old former record label employee who asked only to be identified as Craig. "A place where pretty-boy comics who get inventive with hair gel crack each other up with 'pull-my-finger' jokes. If there is any justice, Fallon will get a corner suite."

See also this article on the MTV Video Music Awards, which notes of the SNL star:
Jimmy Fallon is going to be gross when he's old, because he'll still be doing that "awww shucks" cute-boy thing, like Paul McCartney still does. But Paul's rich and can make those faces, being a 20th-Century Beethoven and all. Jimmy's just gonna be icky, like a Monkee's reunion tour. I should just enjoy these images of Mr. Fallon mugging in a tighty-white guido-tee while I can, but I can't help but speculate. I know. Can't leave well enough alone.

Or this article from a recent Philadelphia Weekly, titled "Nine Things I Hate About Jimmy Fallon". Also, this list of reasons to hate Jimmy Fallon, which claims that Fallon will be to SNL what Noah Wyle is to ER: the last remnant of a once-proud regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment