Thursday, January 23, 2003

"I WAS THINKING, HE CAUGHT A SNIPER BUT HE CAN'T FIND A CHURCH": So, Montgomery County (MD) Police Chief Charles Moose -- the man who led the hunt for the D.C. snipers -- was in town on Sunday, on his way from the Holiday Inn on City Line Avenue to Triumph Baptist Church to be the keynote speaker for the Philadelphia Council of Clergy's Martin Luther King Jr. celebration.

It's a fairly straight four mile drive that should take about seven minutes, and, mind you, there was no traffic night because the city was still in Full Eagles Denial.

He never made it there. Somehow, Chief Moose ended up in New Jersey. New Jersey? Yes. Keep reading.

Let me try to explain this as clearly as I can: you have to be really, really, really lost -- deliberately lost -- to end up in New Jersey from there. How lost? A half hour out-of-your-way level Lost. You've got to try to get to New Jersey from there. If you had asked me, "If I were driving from City Line Avenue to this church, and wanted to go to New Jersey instead, how would I get there?" I'd have to think about it for a while. I'm still not quite sure how he did it.

Moral of the story? Don't be afraid to take a cab in a strange city.

From beaver to Moose, we've got the whole forest covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment