Friday, February 21, 2003

OUR NATION NEEDS MORE POETS: Thankfully, the Score Bard, America's best poet specializing in the field of baseball verse, has established a website compiling his work:
On Trevor Hoffman having surgery:

The Padres without injured Trevor
Have likely no chance whatsoever.
Without a clear heir,
They don't have a prayer,
Though I guess you should never say never.


My favorite of his works followed the decision of BaseballProspectus.com that the time was right to charge for content this season, and it's good in at least fifty ways:
The problem has hit me mostly economically
What is a Nickle worth, and what about Penny?
My favorite web site now no longer will be free
I must pay forty bucks to read my BP.

I asked, "Is 40 bucks a price that is so wise?"
The answer is easy if you care to analyze
That is the price where revenues will maximize
I must pay forty bucks to read my BP.
Forty bucks to read my BP.

That's what it Costas, Bob.
It's not too Deer, Rob.
Fork up the Cash, Norm.
And stay informed....

The poem continues here.

The website also features The Random Diamond Notes Generator, providing perfect facsimiles of Peter Gammons' analysis. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment