Monday, July 28, 2003

ULTIMATE DESTRUCITY: We're putting aside our too-regular feature on the Dead Wrestler of the Month to report on a bizarre sighting.

Remember former WWF champion The Ultimate Warrior, noted for his ridiculously-enhanced muscles, face paint and incoherent speech? Ever wonder what he's up to now?

Get this: speaking at the College Republican National Convention.

Yes, the Ultimate Warrior has changed his legal name to "Warrior" and apparently has devoted his life to bodyslamming liberals nationwide. Warrior will speak to any conservative group that will have him.

Here's what Warrior (and, yes, that's his kids' last name now) told the kids at the College Republican convention:
On Monday, [the College Republicans] heard former World Wrestling Federation champion Warrior tell them to trust logic over feelings and to battle "the armies of hammerheads" who espouse moral relativism.

"Those who think make the world work. Not those who feel," said Warrior, his bulk encased in a black suit, his wrist tattoos peeking out from white shirt cuffs.

His speech was called, "There's a Conservative Chip on My Shoulder - Go Ahead, Try to Knock it Off!" Needless to say, no one did.

Oh, wait, it gets worse. Or better. We've got some C-SPAN footage. Click here and skip ahead to the third clip to see Warrior speaking at the 25th Annual National Conservative Student Conference last month. I shit you not. Just click on it if only to see the C-SPAN graphic that says "WARRIOR -- Former World Wrestling Federation Champion" while he talks.

Even more on Warrior here. According to his website:
In 1998 (my gear bag retired to the closet) I began to devote my energies entirely to my already substantially developed education, enlightenment and motivation projects, all spun from a Warrior philosophy of life. At the inception of the education-based Project Warrior ideas, I went back to “hitting the books” so to speak. I found an incredible experience filled with new thrills from reading, writing and learning. My most notable self-study endeavors being the discovery of the “Great Books of the Western World,” and American History, its Founding and its Fathers (my heroes)and having the dictionary – its bounty of literalness -- become my absolute favorite go-to-in-leisure book.

I believe that the contrast between what I have done and what I am doing now, by choice, begets an inimitable curiosity and subsequently attracts attention. My professional success in Celebrity Entertainment as a vivid, physically-expressive pop culture figure when vis-à-vis my mindful, reasoned decision to not participate in that field any longer (because of the negative turn, I believe, the industry took) and my further decision to positively educate and enlighten young people intellectually gives me a greater chance of capturing their attention.

And you thought Jesse "The Mind" Ventura was bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment