Thursday, May 5, 2005

18 YEARS OF GIVING AMERICA THE KIND OF LAUGHTER THAT COMES FROM A DARK PLACE, TEACHES YOU ABOUT LIFE, GETS ITS HAIR STUCK IN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL, FALLS DOWN AT ITS WEDDING, AND OCCASIONALLY HITS YOU IN THE CROTCH: Great article in The Observer today about the 16.7%-Official Comedian of ALOTT5MA (I can't speak for anybody else). A hint: some of the things he says (including a story repeated in the article) are almost unspeakably vile -- not just inappropriate, but bordering on unimaginable. Another hint: you know him as the fictional lovable widowed father of real-life twin moguls.

Three thoughts: (1) Do not google "danny tanner." The first hit is NSFW. (2) I need to be absolutely honest here and say that I occasionally watch and enjoy "America's Funniest Home Videos." Not that it's appointment TV, but if it's on and I'm not doing anything, I just do, okay? I mean, I love a good cat falling off the TV. (3) I'm having a hard time figuring out which of the brothers is shadier -- the guy described above, the guy who spends all of his free time freeloading off Hugh Hefner, or the dirty old man about whom Alanis maybe wrote 'You Oughta Know.'

No comments:

Post a Comment