Sunday, May 8, 2005

ALL I WANT TO DO IS KILL YOU, OR BE KILLED BY YOU: I have very little meaningful to say about Kung Fu Hustle, which Jen and I saw last night. If you were thinking about seeing the movie, then, absolutely, hell yes, see it.

If you know that kung fu/comedy is not your thing, then stay away. It's not that good that non-fans of the genre need to see it, in the way that I'd tell "I don't like Westerns" folk to nevertheless rent The Searchers. But it's good, and the Axe Gang will kick your ass if you don't see it.

If you're not quite sure, watch the trailer, and if it makes you smile, know that the rest of the movie is even better. Stephen Chow has given us one of the best physical comedies in years, with shout-outs to the Matrix movies, Spider-Man, Forrest Gump and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment