Wednesday, May 18, 2005

AND I AM TELLING YOU I AM NOT FORGETTING: EntertainmentWeekly.com has its list today of the Top Ten All-Time American Idol Performances. They seem to have limited themselves to one per competitor, and here goes:
  1. Fantasia, "Summertime"
  2. Kelly Clarkson, "Stuff Like That There"
  3. Bo Bice, "Whipping Post"
  4. Jennifer Hudson, "Circle of Life"
  5. Ruben Studdard, "Superstar"
  6. Tamyra Gray, "A House Is Not A Home"
  7. Clay Aiken, "Unchained Melody"
  8. John Stevens, "Crocodile Rock" ("brilliant in its awfulness")
  9. Constantine Maroulis, "Bohemian Rhapsody"
  10. Trenyce, "Proud Mary"

My take: if you want to pick a perfectly awful performance, I'll still go for Corey Clark's "Against All Odds" or Josh Gracin's angry "Pie-Yannah Man".

As for the rest, I prefered Trenyce's "I Have Nothing" to "Proud Mary", Clay's Immigrant Mouse Song to "Unchained Melody", and Connie's "I Think I Love You" to his Queen.

And even sticking within the one-per-singer (otherwise, Ruben's "Kiss And Say Goodbye" and Fantasia's "I Believe" make the cut), I'll trade out Bo and Hudson for Frenchie's "And I Am Tellling You I Am Not Going" from the auditions and Kimberly Caldwell's "Come To My Window". Finally, there's no room for a bad song here, so axe that slot for George Huff's "Lean On Me" from the wildcards.

(You know who I miss from season three? Briana Ramirez-Rial. I thought she had real promise. You know who no one misses? Dunkleman.)

Overall, not a bad list, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment