Thursday, August 18, 2005

DO NOT INTRUDE ON MY ASTROTURF: Listen, people, hating on the Phanatic is my job, and I will defend him to the death when "blogger" Tommy Lasorda posts crap like this:
One of the worst incidents was perpetrated by the Phillie Phanatic. The Dodgers were in town to play the Phillies and somehow, it got ahold of one of my jerseys. It took the jersey, put it on a dummy and ran over the dummy again and again.

That type of a display should not be shown in ballparks, especially in front of children. It exhibits violence and disrespect.

I pulled the Phanatic aside and said, “Why don’t you run over a dummy with a Phillies jersey?”

I called the front office of the Phillies and told them how I felt. They can play with kids in the stands, but running over the dummy was simply wrong, and that kids would get the wrong impression. Apparently, they didn’t care.

Waaa! Waaa! I'm being made fun of by a furry green thing!

My favorite Lasorda memory? Ass over teakettle at the 2001 All Star Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment