Wednesday, August 3, 2005

FILE, AGAIN, UNDER 'CRIPES, IS THERE ANOTHER REALITY SHOW I NEED TO WATCH'? The NYT checks in on Janice Dickinson, Omarosa and 'The Surreal Life V:
Before "The Surreal Life," Ms. Dickinson could be found eviscerating aspiring catwalkers on Tyra Banks's UPN series "America's Next Top Model." Ms. Dickinson said she was no longer with that show because of money issues. "I think I was asking for too much," she said over lunch recently at Da Silvano, the downtown Italian restaurant.

Dressed in a low-cut blouse and a plaid H&M skirt the size of a handkerchief, Ms. Dickinson, who says she is 50, discussed her reason for appearing on "The Surreal Life." "For 12 days of work I made enough to pay for two years of my daughter's private school education," she said, plowing through a bread basket (yes, she eats).

Within minutes of being in Ms. Dickinson's presence, it became painfully clear that she is the avatar of reality television: zany, bizarre, at times comical, at times sad and always eager to entertain. Ms. Dickinson even encouraged this reporter to inspect her sizable breast implants. "Touch 'em honey," she urged. "Don't they feel real?" They did indeed. She then gave a shout-out to her plastic surgeons (she's had liposuction and a face-lift) and rattled off their telephone numbers. . . .

On the set, [Janice and Omarosa] nearly came to blows. 'I was so close to breaking that chick's neck,' Ms. Manigault-Stallworth said. 'I was just sitting there thinking, 'How many years will I get for killing this old supermodel?' '"

Also in Thursday's A&L: has Mariah topped Gwen to claim Song of the Summer honors?. Bananas, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment