Thursday, September 29, 2005

BREAKIN' SEASON TWO, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO? I am pleased to report that Prison Break has gotten a full-season pickup. (So have The Office and American Dad, but, well, I don't watch those -- the former because I no longer watch anything on NBC and the latter because I refuse to watch animated shows on Fox under any circumstances.)

The show has gotten a little less Shawshanky lately, which is the slightest bit of a bummer, because I love the whole interpreting-Michael's-tattoo-into-a-scheme-to-escape aspect of things. But this is balanced out by the fun of watching all the supporting characters. T-Bag, in particular, gives me the willies, Westmoreland (the guy with the cat) is quietly intriguing, and Sucre seems to know everything there is to know about birthin' jailhouse riots.

I'm also intrigued by the as-yet-unseen woman pulling the strings behind the Secret Service's plot to make sure that the innocent Lincoln Burrows is executed in a prompt and timely fashion -- she's played by Alias/Thirtysomething/St. Elsewhere/City Slickers veteran Patricia Wettig, so I'm confident there's going to be a big reveal somewhere along the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment