Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I FOUND IT ALL A LITTLE WEIRD: An interesting night on AI. I ended up enjoying it more than I was expecting to. For the most part, the contestants performed up to their ability level, which was a refreshing change. Nobody, in my view, truly sucked. I didn't particularly care for Paris: Queen of the Night, and I really didn't enjoy the song that Daughtry sang, although he did a perfectly serviceable job with it. I think I've resolved what prevents me from liking Elliott, incidentally: too much vibrato and too many runs all over the place, and not enough singing a pure note and letting the note speak for itself. But Kellie wasn't nearly the train wreck that I'd been anticipating, Bucky's enunciation was oddly comprehensible, Taylor's Crazy Little Thing Called Love was much more interesting than I would have expected, I liked Ace more than the judges did, and I just love Katharine.

I'm assuming that Ace goes home because, well, it's his time, but I don't feel strongly about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment