Tuesday, May 2, 2006

YOU HAD A BAD DAY, YOU'RE TAKING ONE DOWN, YOU SING A SAD SONG JUST TO TURN IT AROUND: Not a good day for Michael and the Fox River gang. Not a good day for the inmates, and not a good day for the prison staff.

A few things that surprised me:

  • I was not expecting Michael's reason for taking the support beam to be what it was. Desperate times . . .
  • I was not expecting Michael to have honestly misjudged Tweener. I'm still hoping I'm wrong on that one and waiting for the "ah, so Michael really IS brilliant" twist that seems less and less likely. Anyone besides me think it completely undercuts Michael's prior history as ever-resourceful smart guy with unfailingly good instincts about people?
  • I was not expecting Sara to react quite so poorly to Michael's news.
  • Not everyone likes to eat brussels sprouts, apparently.

I did think that the montage was extremely well done, except in that it underscored the fact that there are apparently all of two bad inmates at Fox River.

No comments:

Post a Comment