Tuesday, July 18, 2006

THEREBY ENSURING THAT NOT A SINGLE MYSTERY WILL BE CLEARED UP UNTIL AT LEAST EPISODE EIGHT: Finally taking a page from Fox's 24/Prison Break playbook, ABC is airing Season 3 of that little undeserving-of-a-best-drama-Emmy show called Lost in two uninterrupted chunks. The first six or seven episodes will run in October and November; thirteen weeks later, we'll get the back sixteen.

Although ABC claims that story arcs are being tailored to fit the new schedule, I suspect that the fall episodes will serve as something of an amuse-bouche until the really meaty stuff comes in February. And I'm good with that -- much as I love Lost, I've never watched a rerun (except for one or two reairings of Walkabout). And the only thing that kept me hanging on until the end of this past season of 24 was the fact that I never had to take a week off. So all in all, I think this is a good thing. I'm sure that the Lemon-Lyman-level lunatics on some of the chat boards are whining about how the only acceptable resolution is a season with 36 new episodes, but given the constraints of reality, this seems a solid solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment