Friday, September 22, 2006

I AAAAAAAAAAAAAM AN INNOCENT MAN: Victor Garber? Still a big draw for me even when playing a role where he gets to smile occasionally. I can't say whether I'll continue to watch Justice once I have a full slate on the DVR, but for now, four episodes in, I'm still enjoying it. (And if it replaces the foundering Vanished in the Monday 9 pm slot -- which seems not unlikely given that the initially strong Justice got tromped this week-- that will give me something to do between Prison Break and Studio 60 in the fictitious universe in which I watch TV in real time.) But I do question the producers' wisdom on one major issue that will likely kill the show for me if it doesn't resolve itself soon.

Thus far, we've got four not-guilty verdicts -- not surprising, given that TNT&G is supposed to be a firm that doesn't lose trials. Fine. The surprise is that we've also got four innocent defendants. How impressed are we supposed to be that the firm is managing to get people acquitted who haven't actually done anything wrong other than find themselves in precarious straits? Every week I watch, thinking "ah, this will be the first week where the defendant has actually killed someone." And every week I am astounded to find that no, TNT&G has helped save another innocent person. Any criminal defense lawyer would love to have this many clients who didn't commit any crime.

Attention Jerry Bruckheimer: it's time to impress me by using all these glitzy trial techniques to get some actual murderers off scot-free. It's the American way, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment