Thursday, October 12, 2006

DEATH AS A CAREER MOVE, CORY LIDLE EDITION: When JFK Jr. died in in 1999, I read about back issues of George Magazine selling like crazy on eBay. Being an incurable pack rat, I had a few sitting in a closet, and with a somewhat guilty conscience, I unloaded the first and third issue of the magazine for something like $175.

These days, it doesn't take the death of a Kennedy to move the memorabilia market. As this blog notes, Cory Lidle items are a hot commodity today.

By the way, the true definition of how pathetic I am when it comes to fantasy baseball, my first thought yesterday when I heard it was Lidle in the plane was about how I just got him back in a Howie Kendrick-Coco Crisp deal in my A.L. only keeper league so I could have the option of protecting him and not paying a penalty since I bid on him when he came over from Philly.

Of course, it goes without saying that our condolences go out to the Lidle family, the Stanger family, and anyone else touched by this sad event.

No comments:

Post a Comment