Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'M STILL A PC, BUT MAYBE I'LL CHANGE: All too often, it's hard to obtain quality customer service. That's why I have to give Apple its due credit. My iPod has been malfunctioning, even after following the suggested steps on the website for resetting and restoring the iPod. I made a Genius Bar appointment for 9 AM this morning at the SoHo store yesterday evening. I walked into the almost empty store, and within 15 minutes (and at a minimal fee), they diagnosed the iPod's problem (corrupt operating system/hard drive), and gave me a brand spankin' new replacement, ready for me to sync with my PC this evening when I return home. No line, no hassle, just a fast diagnosis and immediate replacement. That's good stuff, especially compared to the nightmare that was my ill-fated trip to Toys R Us on Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment