Friday, December 22, 2006

WITH A COMPASS IN THE STOCK: When I was 9 years old, I wanted a Big Trak more than I had wanted anything in my entire life. It was then at the high end of reasonable of my parents Christmas budget (with five kids, the oldest then 17, it was certainly finite) and told Mom that it could be to the exclusion of any other present (including for my birthday, which follows six weeks later). But there were none to be had. Mom -- having prepared me for disappointment (but with the notion I could probably get one in February, if need be) -- apparently found one at Toys R Us on her last pass on December 23rd.

It was the greatest moment in my young life. And from this video, you can see why.

So, 27 years on. Thanks, Mom.

On this Christmas and tail-end of Hannukah weekend, readers are encouraged to relate their single greatest present --- and link to any YouTube goodness to go with it. And yes, I know you love your families and your kids and your good health. But that's fighting the hypothetical.

No comments:

Post a Comment