Thursday, March 29, 2007

OUTLINED AGAINST A BLACK-GREY DECEMBER SKY, THE THREE HORSEMEN RODE AGAIN: Roger complained that there was no post on a glorious episode of Friday Night Lights today, and, well, roger, Roger. I was busy. Also, it's hard to say much about this episode without spoiling. I guess I could say that it was beautifully acted, that all of the major players both stayed true to their characters and also rose to the occasion (and I do mean almost all of the players -- this was an episode in which everybody except Riggins and Buddy Garrity had to confront something important), and that I wish they had found ways to get Landry and Tyra (my two favorite characters) on screen together earlier in the season.

One minor quibble with the football scenes, though -- if everybody is mad at Saracen for his form on the interception (off-balance, feet not set in the mud, short-armed duck of a pass), then why were they so happy about his form on the first-half throw to Smash (jumping backward in the air, short-armed heave)? Jason is trying to teach him to set his feet, square his shoulders, and turn his hips, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment