Monday, April 16, 2007

'CAUSE I'M A BLONDE, B-L . . . I DON'T KNOW! Having now watched almost two full BQ-infused seasons of TAR, it is time for me to publicly proclaim my ongoing befuddlement.

It seems to me that if there were footage available to paint Dustin and Kandice as superficial Mean Girls, the producers would have used it by now. There isn't a reality TV reason in the world to edit a nasty team so that their true colors remain under wraps forever. For two seasons, I have been impressed not only by the BQs' racing skills (much of the time), but also by their composure under pressure and their ability to treat each other with fairness and respect even under the most trying of circumstances, not to mention their lack of gratuitous sniping at other teams.

So why does every other team consistently despise them and claim that they're devious and underhanded? Can it really just be because they're blonde and pretty? It's not like the Race has ever been hurting for physically attractive competitors -- see Derek & Drew, Rob & Ambuh (with an asterisk, because everyone certainly did hate them), Lena & Kristy, the Double-Ds, Kris (arguably the most beautiful Racer ever) & John, Brandon & Nicole, Reichen, Christie, Oswald, and so forth. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment