Monday, June 4, 2007

FIDDLE ME THIS: Having unexpectedly landed a babysitter at the last minute, Mr. Cosmo and I were not only able to see "Knocked Up" this weekend, but also to score the walk-in table at Craft for a feast of the spring vegetables I tasted last week for the first time. Our menu: roasted fiddlehead ferns; sauteed fava beans; morels; and lemon & ramp risotto.

(As I think I've mentioned here before, my goal for the year is to eat at Craft once a quarter in order to work my way through the seasonal vegetable offerings -- pretty much my idea of culinary heaven. Winter and spring are now checked off.)

Everything was scrumptious, but I just wanted to mention our surprise at discovering that Craft's fiddleheads were only about 20% better than the ones I made last week, instead of the 2-3x better I'd been assuming. Go me! Or at least go apparently unscrewupable fiddleheads!

No comments:

Post a Comment