Monday, July 30, 2007

Cinema Fusion

EVERYONE GETS EVERYTHING HE WANTS. I WANTED A MISSION, AND FOR MY SINS, THEY GAVE ME ONE. BROUGHT IT UP TO ME LIKE ROOM SERVICE. IT WAS A REAL CHOICE MISSION, AND WHEN IT WAS OVER, I NEVER WANTED ANOTHER: After the general blogosphere dissatisfaction over the AFI 100 list, the good folks at CinemaFusion worked their asses off to survey the online film community to determine an alternate list of the top 100 movies of all time, including the foreign films and documentaries excluded from the AFI's list. I did participate, and here's their results. As you might expect, it's a younger and more fun-focused list than the stodgy AFI, and I think y'all will like it.

I'll post my top 33 from the ballot in the comments, but beyond that, as I told them, I have no confidence in my ability to rank, and things kinda fell apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment