Sunday, August 26, 2007

I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER THAT WHEN I STARTED LIKING YOU, I DIDN'T STOP LIKING TENNIS: The 2007 US Open begins Monday morning in Flushing Meadows, and as little attention as I may pay to the sport during the rest of the year, there's always something cool about being able to turn on the tv at night at the end of summer and seeing some of the best-conditioned athletes in the world gut it out in one-on-one combat, and then have SI's Jon Wertheim explain to me what I just saw.

My Open love was probably cemented by Sampras-Corretja 1996, and then by attending for sessions in 1999 and 2001, and I'm hoping for an exciting draw this year. On the women's side, anyway -- the men's circuit is just so Federer-dominated, and there's only so much ridiculous perfection one can stomach. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment