Tuesday, December 4, 2007

AS THE BABY BURRITO FACTORY STARTS ANEW: First off, thanks to everyone for their kind words. Phoebe is a darling, and everyone is doing great.

Like Isaac, I too have been spending long hours of late with time to ponder odd questions. These are mine:
  • What the hell is up with these Wendy's ads with the guys in the wigs? I love Wendy's; I despise these ads.
  • Will Smith may be only Hollywood's fifth smartest film person, says the new EW, but he said something Sunday night on 60 Minutes catapults him even higher, in my estimation: when asked about his film choices, he said that he and his manager once looked at the top 10 films in all-time box office, and determined as follows:
"And we got the top ten movies of all time, and we realized that ten out of ten were special effects movies," Smith explains. "Nine out of ten were special effects movies with creatures. And eight out of ten were special effects movies with creatures and a love story."

Which, of course, leads to an output like this. But I think Smith is selling his talent short -- because charisma is a talent, and he can act -- when he says the following: "I've never really viewed myself as particularly talented. I've viewed myself as slightly above average in talent. And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy's sleeping? I'm working. While the other guy's eatin’? I'm working. While the other guy's making love, I mean, I'm making love, too. But I'm working really hard at it."
Dear readers, how talented is Will Smith?

No comments:

Post a Comment