Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Year of Flops Case File # 101 Graffiti Bridge | The A.V. Club

THEY DON'T CARE WHERE THEY KICK, JUST AS LONG AS THEY HURT U: Almost to the end of his magnificent "My Year of Flops" series, the AV Club's Nathan Rabin tackles Graffiti Bridge:
Graffiti Bridge was designed as both a sequel to Purple Rain and a vehicle for Ingrid Chavez, one of a series of talented young singer-songwriters Prince nurtured creatively. And by “talented young singer-songwriters,” I of course mean “talentless skanks” and by “nurtured creatively” I mean ...
Yeah. I've seen it, and Rabin captures the fiasco accurately. (The soundtrack, however, is pretty great - "Still Would Stand All Time" is one of Prince's better ballads, and I have a soft spot for "Elephants and Flowers.")

In other AV Club news, Patton Oswalt tries a KFC Famous Bowl, and Anthony Bourdain sits down for a long interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment