Saturday, February 9, 2008

NECROLOGY WATCH: Those seeking to place wagers on the Grammy Necrology Meter for Sunday's ceremonies will have to contend with the following names: Ike Turner, Luciano Pavarotti, Beverly Sills, Merv Griffin, Max Roach, Porter Wagoner, Joey Bishop, Robert Goulet, Dan Fogelberg, Don Ho and Quiet Riot lead singer Kevin Dubrow. My money's on Pavarotti to win, Sills to place, and Turner's applause to be really scattered and awkward, given that Tina's in the house.

In other awards/necrology speculation, if I'm Mel Gibson's publicist I'm moving heaven and earth to have him placed as the surprise Heath Ledger eulogist at the Oscars. I can't imagine a better move he could make to rehabilitate his image -- not that I'm rooting for him to succeed, mind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment