Tuesday, February 5, 2008

POSSIBLY ONE SHOULD INCLUDE THE SOUNDTRACK TO GROUNDHOG DAY: Here are some songs about February:
  • Somebody Told Me – The Killers (“Well somebody told me you had a boyfriend, who looks like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year”)
  • American Pie – Don McClean (“February made me shiver, with every paper I’d deliver”)
  • St. Patrick’s Day – John Mayer (”February, won't you be my valentine?”)
  • Cosmic Charlie – Grateful Dead
  • Straight Outta Time – John Hiatt (”And we still had February frozen on the phone”)
  • West Savannah – Outkast (“February 1st, 1975 it happened”)
  • Just a Friend – Biz Markie (“so we could cheat while doing pop quizzes all the time 14th of February '93”)
  • My Funny Valentine – many artists, but let’s go with Rickie Lee Jones’ tender version
  • My Bloody Valentine – Good Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment