Tuesday, April 29, 2008

[PLUG]: I have blogged at length on the Philadelphia Committee to END Homelessness, on whose Board of Directors I sit, and our "housing first" plan to keep families out of the shelter system and into permanent residences. In the past two years or so, we've placed 61 families into houses and apartments they can call their own, including 161 children.

Thursday night, May 22, is our annual benefit event (at the Cira Centre, right next door to 30th Street Station for NYCers and others interested in traveling here by train), and as usual it will contain cocktails, food from a variety of Philadelphia restaurants and a silent art auction.

New for 2008, however, is something that I think will appeal to even more people here: a no-limit Texas Hold-Em Poker Tournament, hosted by board member Lance Funston and featuring a pre-tournament clinic, and then a $5000 grand prize in the tournament itself.

Details and registration here, with tickets available both at the "auction/food/drink only" and "I want to play poker" levels, and I'm happy to mail the printed invitation to you or anyone who you think would be interested. I would love to put together a table or two of ThingThrowers, so do let me know if you're interested -- use the email address in the right-hand column. Thanks, and please spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment