Monday, November 24, 2008

A MEAL FIT FOR JOE BETHERSON ... TON: It is time, once again, to review our Thanksgiving menu choices and questions. For me, nothing new this year -- the 1999 Bon Appetit Sage-Roasted Turkey with Caramelized Onions and Sage Gravy remains so outstanding as to preclude the consideration of another recipe, and there's been a request for the return of the pan-roasted duck breasts using the Mark Bittman plan for whole duck. For a stuffing, I thought I was booking this 2003 Tom Colicchio recipe for sausage stuffing with caramelized onions for its second straight trip to final table, because I'm a big fan of the kick provided by the toasted fennel seeds, but now that I see that Epicurious claims 42 sausage + fennel stuffings, some more research is required.

(Wow, I'm a caramelized onion fan for the day. Who knew?)

Everything else is someone else's responsibility -- stuffing #2, vegetables, sweet potato pie, desserts, etc. What's on your table?

No comments:

Post a Comment