Friday, December 5, 2008

IT'S NOT A TOOMAH: Let's assume for the sake of argument that Izzie Stevens doesn't have a brain tumor, and that "not having a brain tumor" encompasses by reference all the other bizarro medical conditions that could cause a girl to hallucinate the presence and sexual talents of her dead fiancé. In other words, no benign cyst in the adrenal gland that fortuitously conjures up corporeal visions of Jeffrey Dean Morgan, no cancer of the brain's logic circuits, nada. So let's assume all that -- which is in keeping with what Shonda Rhimes told EW's Michael Ausiello a few weeks ago (unless she's being cute and deciding that "no brain tumor" leaves open the possibility of hallucinatory jungle fever).

I am not shy about ditching shows when they no longer command my attention. After weeks of Heroes and Ugly Betty episodes piled up on my DVR without giving me any inclination to watch them, I finally just deleted them and decided that I'm no longer watching those shows. (No TiVo Guilt in my house.) I have never had the slightest inclination to stop watching Grey's Anatomy. But I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about how the heck they plan to resolve the Denny problem.

Just in case Shonda has accidentally fallen into a J.J. Abrams "oh, you mean we actually need to figure out a solution to this plotline we've concocted and aired on national television??" black hole, I suggest that we help formulate an escape hatch. "I see dead people" is taken, but surely there are other routes we can propose. In this somewhat somber holiday season, this may be the best gift we can offer to the hardworking Grey's writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment