Thursday, July 2, 2009

YOU CAN STAND UNDER MY PARASOL: We're almost halfway through the summer, and, as far as I can tell, we haven't had a big summer song yet--recent years have been scattered:

2005--"We Belong Together" (#1 for all but one week of June-August), "Hollaback Girl" (#1 for all of May)
2006--"Promiscuous" (#1 for 6 weeks)
2007--"Umbrella" (#1 for 7 weeks)
2008--"I Kissed A Girl" (#1 for 7 weeks)

Apparently, "Boom Boom Pow" had held #1 for 12 weeks until getting knocked off by "I Gotta Feeling" this week, but neither of those are doing it for me. The rest of the Top 50 doesn't do much for me either. So whatcha got? Are you going with Jay-Z? The almost unhealthily catchy Cobra Starship/Leighton Meester pairing? Sadly, the iTunes charts are all akimbo due to Jackson-related dominance, so help me ThingThrowers, you're my only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment