Thursday, October 22, 2009

ONE MORE STEP: That was the message from every member of the Phillies organization after tonight's victory, and I have to say that it was also the attitude among us in the crowd at Citizens Bank Park tonight. No one believes that being National League champions is enough. There are four more victories to come from this confident squad and their backwoods savant manager, and if this journey takes us to the Bronx, so be it. No one's afraid.

added morning thought: I was at the game with my dad last night, as I will be for Game 3 of the World Series. Now, my dad grew up in Brooklyn in the 1930s as one of three siblings -- his older brother as a Dodgers fan, his younger sister as a Giants fan. My dad, however, rooted for the Yankees, and to this day still listens to Yankees games on the radio and supports them. So this (potential) matchup is going to be tough on him -- he asked me last night if he could wear his Lou Gehrig replica jersey underneath his Phillies jacket to the game. I told him that since he rooted for the Yankees the last time the teams met in the Series, he should root for the Phillies this time. We'll see.

bonus coverage: Henry Hill celebrates the Game 4 victory; Celebration FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment