Thursday, August 26, 2010

I DON'T BELIEVE IN A LOT OF THINGS, BUT I DO BELIEVE IN DUCT TAPE: This Sunday night, the television community will gather for the 2010 Emmy Awards, which as always will do a mediocre job of recognizing the actual best work in the medium over the past year, but never fails to disappoint in terms of giving us amusing things to talk about. (We discussed the nominations at length here.)

For the first time, I believe, the Awards will be broadcast live coast-to-coast, and we plan to be here at 8pm EDT/5pm PDT to Cover It Live yet again. Please join us, and your early bets on the Necrology Applause-O-Meter are welcome. (John Forsythe? Gary Coleman? Rue McLanahan? Capt. Phil Harris? Dixie Carter? Peter Graves? Robert Culp? Ken Ober? Soupy Sales? List of possibles here.)

Also, let's be clear: if they don't honor David Mills during the In Memoriam segment, there will be hell to pay.

From the archives: Our 2009 coverage anchored by Matt and Kim, and then live-in-the-comments blogging from 2008, 2007, 2006, and 2005. Yes, we've been doing this for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. spacewoman10:53 PM

    I've had to boycott the Emmys ever since the guy who was supposed to do my hair for my wedding ditched me to go to LA and party before doing celebrity hair for the rescheduled Emmys of 2001, leaving me with the only hair stylist in Santa Barbara who hadn't been booked for the Emmys.  Every time I look at my wedding pictures and the Snookiesque bump that was my hair, I curse the damn Emmys.  Is that not what you were looking for?

    ReplyDelete