Saturday, October 16, 2010

CODY CODY CODY: While Adam is walking back to the subway from Game 1, I just wanted to toss up a thread on the NLCS. I still believe the Giants are going to have a tough time of this one, but at least we get three games at Pac Bell next week.

There was, of course, no reason to think that both Halladay and Lincecum could do anything close to what they did last week, but neither did I think we'd see a 7-run ballgame. Wilson, of course, did everything he could to drag it out. I look forward to proving the logic of sending out Sanchez tomorrow rather than Cain.

* * *
As an aside, I think Adam was a tad optimistic about how Burrell was going to be greeted by the teeming masses of Philadelphia. You'd think he bombed a row-house before he left town, given that reception.

* * *
(In other news, for our limited north Texas readership: Go Rangers!).


7 comments:

  1. Home.

    Burrell was cheered loudly during the pregame introductions, in fact.  The wolf-whistles for Lincecum are a descendant of what we did for Jagr back in the day, and still ... uncomfortable.

    As for the game itself, who the fuck is Cody Ross and how did he subdue our crowd like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pathetic Earthling11:45 PM

    Fair enough.  I skip all pre-game Fox stuff, since I see no need to stretch my exposure to Joe Buck.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. patricia8:48 AM

    Braves fans were wondering the same thing last week about Cody Ross.  Hate that guy!  (Except I can't, because he looks like a freaking Boy Scout and is playing some great baseball when his team needs it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joseph J. Finn9:39 AM

    Regarding Cody Ross, Deadspin pointed to this deeply stupid story on him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tortoiseshelly10:51 AM

    Thanks for the Rangers nod. I was relieved to see them bounce back after the Game 1 collapse in the eighth.

    I didn't get to watch more than a few seconds of the Giants/Phillies, but I got a chuckle over Lincecum saying ""I must have a really nice butt," in response to the whistles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian Sabean picked up Ross in late August, mostly to keep him from going to the Padres.  If Jose Guillen hadn't gotten hurt, Ross might not have made the playoff roster (though he should have, in any circumstance).  Even Giants fans are dumbstruck at what he's doing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy in Philly12:22 PM

    A little late on this but...Burrell was being tauted and booed pretty loudly at last night's game as well. I was sitting in the 300 level behind left field and when he made a very good catch at one point someone yelled, "why couldn't you do that 3 years ago?" In the heckler's defense, Pat got to that ball quicker than I remember him being able to. My dad's explanation is that he's playing hard because "he never wanted to be a dh."

    Glad I got to see a win last night. Hoping Cole pitches another good one this week.

    ReplyDelete