Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A FEW WORDS ABOUT DIANNA AGRON THAT ARE NOT ABOUT HER IN HER UNDERWEAR: Hey, did you know that she directed a video for her friend Thao Nguyen, of Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, and then premiered it on Oxfam's web site in what I assume was an effort to raise either money for or awareness about, um, poverty and injustice? I hope it raised money, because it didn't actually raise my awareness any. But it was for a good cause, and around here we like both music and charity. Agron also placed second (and first in fundraising) in a celebrity spelling bee that included John Krasinski, Dave Eggers, Spike Jonze, and Jimmy Kimmel (only one of whom I have seen in his underwear), for the benefit of 826LA, the LA outpost of Eggers's arts-and-writing charity. We like spelling here. And, as I mentioned in April, she can sing a little (though, frankly, I prefer Thao's voice). Music again! Why, that Agron character seems almost like an actual grown woman, with thoughts and ambitions and talents and stuff.

10 comments:

  1. Actually, in the interviews I've seen, she seems to have her head screwed on straight.  For instance, it was pretty clear that she basically told the Rolling Stone interviewer to go screw himself when he asked some seriously nasty questions for that cover piece a while back (also, she wrote and sold a screenplay before getting cast).  Also, there was a gossip item that she was aggressively being hit on by Seth MacFarlane a while back and she told him to leave her alone, which is worth something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isaac_spaceman6:45 PM

    Was there something in my post that suggested that I don't think her head is screwed on straight?  I think her head is fastened on exactly the way it should be.  To the extent that my post was about Agron, there wasn't anything facetious about it. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all--I was agreeing, and suggesting there is additional extrinsic evidence to support the conclusion.  (My choice of "Actually" to begin was poor.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan Suitor8:39 PM

    Better Seth MacFarlane than Todd McFarlane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joseph J. Finn9:00 PM

    Also Lea Michele told the interviewer to back off after a really insulting question (seriously, what the hell was that interviewer thinking?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I, by default, assume that anything Isaac writes is somewhat sarcastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel Fienberg11:14 PM

    Did you read her thoughts on the GQ pics: http://felldowntherabbithole.tumblr.com/post/1362746026

    She's a kinda smart gal. Or, at the very least, capable of being reflective without sounding insufferable or holier than thou.

    I give her a lot of credit...

    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer12:02 AM

    That interviewer guy gave me the absolute creeps. What a skanky human being. I felt dirty in the bad way after reading about his stalking and harassing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer12:02 AM

    This is a very classy piece, and I commend you for putting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maddy2:39 AM

    The dream photoshoot she mentions at the end of that sounds like the coolest thing ever.  Also, wow, she's totally a hipster.

    ReplyDelete