Tuesday, February 15, 2011

LEELA:  I will continue to sing hosannas to The Good Wife, and if I haven't convinced you to sample it yet maybe Matt Zoller Seitz will. Still, with all the confrontations promised for tonight -- TGW v. The Social Network, Kalinda v. Blake, Alicia v. Will, Rita Wilson v. A Really Bad CGI'd Background and F. Murray Abraham v. A Paycheck (and I can't see him without shouting you killed Mozart! like I'm the kid in The Last Action Hero) -- that was more than a wee bit underwhelming.



Look: I'm always happy to see Alicia's brother as well the Mr. Mom P.I., but if you were to demand that I explain all the Kalinda stuff I'd come up well short this week.  All I really learned from this week is that lawyers should never, ever go on vacation -- and that's not something I wanted to know.

What excites me, however, is the extra clip of the State's Attorney candidates promoted during the episode, and the prospect that the candidates, as well as Gary Cole as ballistics expert Kurt McVeigh -- will be returning next week.

3 comments:

  1. This was clearly an episode designed to:

    1.  Prove that the show can do "ripped from the headlines" material a la Law and Order.
    2.  Deal with episode limitations on certain members of the cast--Noth, Cumming, and the kids, and to give Margulies a light week.  (Bet she shot 1-2 days for the episode, which is probably half her usual schedule.)

    Also, potentially, Harvey Weinstein paid them money as part of his "King's Speech" Oscar campaign.

    As usual, Kalinda is far more interesting than pretty much any other character on the show, and Panjabi was great opposite both Scott Porter and Jill Flint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tortoiseshelly3:03 PM

    Storylines for Kalinda and Cary have been incredibly interesting lately, followed closely by the firm takeover and State's Attorney race subplots. I don't care as much about the Alicia/Peter/Will romantic angle so much anymore. The show just took a little too long getting there, for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha4:13 PM

    Didn't we already know that they can do ripped-from-the-headlines? They did the Al Gore thing and some other stuff already.

    ReplyDelete