Monday, March 21, 2011

UM, LYNN BELVEDERE? During the GLAAD Media Awards on Saturday, Bravo's Andy Cohen queried Tina Fey on stage on, among other things, the state of her gaydar:
Cohen: All right. Which TV couple, Tina Fey, do you imagine must have gotten to first base at some point: (a) Kate & Allie; (b) Jane Hathaway and Granny Clampett; (c) Peppermint Patty and Marcie.

Fey: I would put my money — I would suspect that maybe Jane Hathaway and Granny made a poultice one night, drank some moonshine out by the cement pond, both kind of picturing Ellie Mae. Eyes closed, picturing Ellie Mae, and making it work.

Cohen: Tina Fey, do you actually believe that any of these TV butlers are straight, and please try to support your answer: (a) Benson; (b) Rosie the Robot on the Jetsons; (c) Jeffrey on The Fresh Prince; (d) Niles from The Nanny. Any of them, do you think could be straight?

Fey: I mean, I would maybe say Alfred, only because it continues to be a fine line between British and gay. It’s hard to tell.

3 comments:

  1. Joseph J. Finn9:37 PM

    Now now, Niles did snag Ms. Babcock, so there's that...

    (Yes, I know plot details for The Nanny.  Shoot me now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan11:19 PM

    I distinctly remember an episode of the Fresh Prince where Geoffrey's son visits, and borrows money to go to butler school, but he has no intention of actually attending butler school.  I think there was also a running plotline about him being a ladies' man, so I'm going with G.

    And I have no shame about knowing the plot details of the Fresh Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha10:04 AM

    Are we basing our answer about Benson on his time on Soap alone or may we consider him on Benson as well? because the Benson of "Benson" was certainly straight, and if he was intended to be gay on "Soap" they'd have certainly used it. One more taboo they could have broken - an interracial gay flirtation!

    ReplyDelete