Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BABY WE AIN'T GOT NO PLACE TO GO/I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND:  Scotty entered tonight's Idol finals as the presumptive favorite, and nothing about tonight performance-wise changed the inevitable. I did like seeing Lauren singing to her mom, though.

Is this the first time the performance finale had a halftime show?  I did appreciated the relative judicial silence, but I was in no way the target audience for tonight.

Tomorrow: the two hour-plus parade of nonsense and frivolity followed by ten seconds of actual news.  We won't be covering-it-live, but will be open for your live, lively comments.

3 comments:

  1. StvMg9:15 PM

    I thought Lauren actually had the better night, but Scotty was much more consistent throughout the season and I'll be surprised if he doesn't win. That said, I'd pretty much written this final week off as a Scotty coronation. Lauren performed well enough to at least provide the results show with at least a smidgen of suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Cook was fantastic.  That is all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it was fine.  I thought that Lauren did a much better job---with an assist from Carrie Underwood picking a much better song for her than George Strait did for Scotty---but am sure that Scotty will win anyway.  That Coca-Cola-sponsored-fan-co-written song was so bad that I at least got a laugh out of it.  And I enjoyed the David Cook performance + season montage.  It may be damning with faint praise, but hey, it was a fine hour of television.

    For old time's sakes:

    Very good:  Lauren (Memphis)

    Good:  Scotty (Gone), followed by Lauren (Flat on the Floor).

    Pretty good:  Lauren (Mom song)

    Fair to middling:  Scotty's other two songs.

    ReplyDelete