Thursday, July 21, 2011

WELL, THEY HAVE BOTH PLAYED PRESIDENTS: Innocent, Scott Turow's sequel to Presumed Innocent, will get the TV movie treatment, with Bill Pullman (who's apparently doing some very interesting work on Torchwood: Miracle Day, but I don't get Starz) replacing Harrison Ford as Rusty Sabich. I had some problems with the story logic in Innocent, and one of the major relationships in the book gave me the oogies, but Sabich's character is a fascinating one, and I'm interested to see what Pullman does here.

3 comments:

  1. Odd - just this morning I pulled out my (digital) copy of Innocent to reread a particularly moving passage.  (And, Matt, that relationship was supposed to give you the oogies!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been interested in seeing Ford reprise his role as Sabich, but it strikes me that the Rusty Sabich portrayed by Ford in Presumed Innocent probably strayed a bit too far from the rough edges and dark interior of the character that Turow created.  It didn't matter that much in PI, but that difference grows more significant in Innocent.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Torchwood, Pullman is doing a credible Dennis Hopper impression.

    ReplyDelete