Saturday, October 22, 2011

WE WILL DRINK NO WINE BEFORE ITS TIME: An actual transcript of my thought process, on the occasion of a visit from a friend.
  1. [Email from friend: landed at SFO]
  2. I should text Spacewoman. "The Eagle Has Landed."
  3. Song stuck in head: The Eagle Has Landed, Saxon.
  4. "To find tranquility ... TO FIND TRANQUILITY!!!!"
  5. If I were making a movie where the soundtrack were all 1980s heavy metal songs, that would definitely be on the soundtrack.
  6. If I were making a movie where the soundtrack were all 1980s heavy metal songs, what else would it include?
  7. Definitely something from Manowar.
  8. Remember when Manowar did that song where Orson Welles did the ridiculous voice-over?
  9. "When you are old enough ... to read these words ..."
  10. [giggling]
And ... scene. But you really should look at that Manowar cover, because yes, I was a Manowar completist.

No comments:

Post a Comment