Tuesday, February 14, 2012

EITHER TOROS IN THE ATMOSPHERE, OR TYPICAL CHICAGO WEATHER: The charming and delightful Amy Watts is organizing a blog meetup for an upcoming trip to the Windy City. She writes:
Chicago Meetup: here are the (very vague) details so far:

Marsha and I will be going to Bring It On: The Musical for the evening show on Saturday, March 24. Let's say we'll buy our tickets over this weekend - so if people want to go to the show AND sit with us, they should contact me by Friday, February 17 at amywatts at gmail. If you don't care about sitting with us, you can buy their tickets anytime and just let us know if you want to meet up before/after/during the show.

Sunday, March 25, afternoon or evening will be the "official" alott5ma meetup, specific time and activity dependent on who wants to come and what they want to do when. There's been talk of the Art Institute. Given that that day is also my actual birthday, it's entirely likely there could be cake involved at some point.

8 comments:

  1. I can vouch for Amy being charming and delightful company!  Also, I'm down in DC for a conference the first week of May (May 6-10).  While I have a number of committments during that time connected with the meeting, a meetup will likely occur there at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph Finn9:22 PM

    I'll be there!  Come by and berate me for my love of Rush and the Designated Hitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to add, as the actual meetup weekend approaches, we'll post again with a more firm time/activity for Sunday.  

    And thanks for the "charming and delightful" - I'll send this post to my mother, who will laugh her ass off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to go with "fun to drink with," but "charming and delightful" works, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna Weber1:19 AM

    If y'all need food recommendations, let me know. I live in New York, as of 6 months ago, but I'm a Chicagoan at heart and need little encouragement to go on and on and on about it. 

    perhaps that is a bit of a warning, as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genevieve11:13 AM

    Yay, DC meetup! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genevieve11:13 AM

    Wish I was there, to meet Watts and Marsha and the rest of y'all, and to see Bring it On:  The Musical!  Adam's tagline made my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adam - March 25 is my birthday, too!  Alas, I live in NYC and will be in North Carolina that weekend for a wedding, so I can't join you all. 

    ReplyDelete